Thursday, January 28, 2010

Free bag pattern! Stash buster bag!

I guess this blog is turning into a free pattern blog. LOL! Anyway, I've got another one to share with you...this time, a bag! It's more of a tutorial than a pattern, but whatever. I had a couple skeins of Impeccable yarn from the craft store, and to be honest, I didn't really want to use 'em for anything...um...wearable. Too scratchy! HOWEVER, they made for AWESOME bag yarn! I think I may buy more of it in fun colors to make other bags. This bag worked up really quickly, but did require some sewing...there...now you've been warned. :)

Stash Buster Bag








Materials needed:


2 skeins of any ww yarn (use up stash of cheap yarn, in same, coordinating, or contrasting colors)
N hook
handles
fat quarter or other scrap fabric to line with
usual sewing supplies
*glue gun
*pin backing


*required for flower, but flower is optional



Pattern (hold 2 strands together):


Chain any odd number of chains

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, dc in next st, *sc in next, dc in next*. Repeat from * to end. You should end with a dc.


Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st, dc in next st, *sc in next, dc in next*. Repeat from * to end. You should end with a dc.

Repeat Row 2 until you've reached your desired length.


Fold the piece together and sc or sl st the sides together. Attach handles using sc method or whipstitch. Line the bag however you like. Sorry...no pro at this. :) For the flower, I used the one from the Lion Brand Blooming Bag pattern. I really like it. Just glue a pin backing on the flower and pin on the bag.


In another post, I will show some pics of other bags I made with this stitch pattern. I am sure it has a name, but I don't know what it is. It creates a cool texture and because you use two strands together and a big hook, it moves so quickly! Plus, it's a good way to get rid of some of that crap yarn you KNOW you've got sitting in your bin somewhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment